Caution: People suffering from arthritis, severe osteoporosis, old age patient are advised to by expert advise. Yoga is a word derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj” which means to connect. It helps to maintain the connection between mind, body & soul. Nowadays yoga is popularised for maintaining health and body posture.
Let’s find some easy yoga-asana that you can do easily at home to maintain your health:
1. Tadasana (ताडासन):
This is a standing asana done standing straight and raising hands above.
Benefits: Helps to develop steadiness in the body. Releases stress on arms, legs, and back muscles.
2. Paad-angushthasana (पाद-अंगुष्ठ-आसन): This asana is one of the basic. In simple terms touching your own toes. It can be done while standing or sitting on the ground.
Benefits: Beneficial for spine health. Also helps to relive the abdomen pain that occurs during menstruation
3. Vrukshasana (वृक्षासान): This is a tree similar position created by standing on one leg with other folded and relaxed on the thigh of other muscle.
Benefits: Helps to develop the balance, concentration.
4. Trikonasana (त्रिकोणासन): Triangle pose made by touching our feets with crossed leg with wide open apart.
Benefits: Helps to release the stress of spine by twisting of muscles attached to it. Muscles of hips are stretched which helps in people having sitting jobs.
5. Vajrasana (वज्रासन): Thunderbolt pose or diamonds pose. This is simple sitting pose by kneeling and sitting back on legs to take weight off your knees.
Benefits: It is beneficial to do this asana for few minutes after meal to improve digestion. Also helps to improve strength of muscles of thigh and calves.
6. Shashakasana (शशंकासन) : Rabbit pose done by first sitting in vajrasana and then bending forward and stretching the arms.
Benefits: Helps to releves the stress and tension. Improves gut health and helps in constipation.
7. Bhujangasana (भुजंगसन): Cobra pose done sleeping on your belly then lifting the upper body from hip with help of hands.
Benefits: Helps to relieve stress. Helps to stretched abdomen which improves gut health. Good to improve the respiratory system.
8. Padmasana (पद्मासन): Lotus Pose. It is a modified Indian sitting pose done by crossed leg and resting feet on either laps facing upwards.
Benefits: Ideal for meditation. Improves muscle strength of hip muscle and thigh muscle. This asana helps to upward the blood flow toward navels which helps to improve the digestion and gut health.
9. Ardhahalasana (अर्धहलासन): This is the asana done sleeping back on and lifting both legs from hips by making 90 degree angle in the leg and hip.
Benefits: Relieves muscle tension of calf muscle and feet.
10. Pawanmuktasana (पवनमुक्तासन): This asana performed by one leg hold closed to the stomach while other is rotated in the air making an imaginary circle.
Benefits: Helps to release gases and flatulence. Helps in digestion.
11. Surya-namaskara (सूर्य नमस्कार): A complete yoga-asana actively involves all the muscle of body. It is set of asana done in a uniformly active speed of motion. It is good combination of asana and pranayama.
Benefits: Helps to stretch every muscle of body and release its tension. It helps to improves digestion and the gut health.
Caution: People suffering from arthritis, severe osteoporosis, old age patient are advised to by expert advise.